Young Minds Matter
Young Minds Matter is an emotional wellbeing and mental health service based in North East Lincolnshire.
Who is it for?
Young Minds Matter is for you if you experience difficulties with your emotional wellbeing and/or mental health until you are 19.
The team have a wide range of expertise working with young people with emotional wellbeing and mental health difficulties, the team includes:
- Mental Health Nurses
- Social Workers
- Art Therapists
- Assistant Psychologists
- Wellbeing Practitioners
- Peer Support Workers
At Young Minds Matter, we see young people for many reasons:
- To offer advice/coping strategies to help prevent mental health or emotional wellbeing problems escalating
- Low mood/depression to help you feel more like yourself again
- Anxiety, phobia’s and obsessive thoughts and behaviours so you can control them
- Working through things that have caused you trauma so they no longer determine who you are as a person
- Provide support for self-harm and thoughts of suicide to keep you safe when you are not well
- Help you with any eating difficulties/disordered eating to keep you healthy. We also support people with anorexia and bulimia by helping them to recover and to prevent relapse.
- We also offer specialist support services for children and young people with a Learning Disability, Autism and ADHD.
How to get in touch
To be referred to Young Minds Matter you should contact your:
- School Nurse TEXT 07507 331620
- or any other healthcare professional
Don’t suffer in silence!
ChildLine – offers confidential telephone counselling service for any child with a problem.
Freephone 0800 1111 (24 hours a day)
Get Connected –free confidential telephone and email helpline to find young people the best help whatever the problem.
Freephone 0800 8084994 (7 days 1pm-11pm)
B-EAT - confidential advice for young people with an eating disorder
Helpline 0845 6347650 (Monday to Friday evening from 4:30-8:30pm, Saturdays 1:00-4:30pm)