Careers Advice 13 to 19
Young People’s Support Services (YPSS) Careers is for you if you are aged 13 to 19 and up to the age of 25 if you have a learning difficulty or disability.
YPSS Careers Advisers work in schools, colleges and learning centres and provide impartial support to help you progress into education, training or employment and realise your career ambitions.
Your school/academy is responsible for providing independent and impartial careers guidance for you from years 9 to 11.
Some academies are using Young People’s Support Services (YPSS) to provide this and some are making their own arrangements. However, YPSS will continue to support some students. Ask your Careers Coordinator in school for more information.
YPSS Careers can provide help with:
- Individual guidance interviews where career aims are explored and guidance provided to allow you to plan your career path.
- Help with college applications
- Help with job applications, CVs, covering letters etc
- Groupwork, topics include post 16 options and raising awareness of occupational areas
- Careers Advisers can also signpost to other specialist agencies that provide further support if required.
Careers Advice 19+ (include Community Learning logo)
The National Careers Service is based with Community Learning; ready to support you if you are looking for employment or training opportunities.
146 Freeman Street
Telephone: 01472 323540
To contact the National Careers Service helpline phone 0800 100 900
NCS Careers advisers are professionally qualified and can give individual advice to help you
make the right choices.